Saturday, April 7, 2012

Céspedes Dinger...Game 2 in the 'D'

On Friday night, I watched the Oakland A's U.S. home opener.
The Seattle Mariners defeated the Athletics 7-3.
The highlight for the A's was a two-run dinger by Yoenis Céspedes.
The Cuban defector CRUSHED a cut fastball to deep left-center, it hit the second-deck concrete facade! A massive blast!!

"I've hit longer home runs in Cuba. For me, I just want to bring the power to the team. I tried to get a good pitch and make better contact."

- Yoenis Céspedes

ESPN estimated the Céspedes homer to be 462 feet.
The A's signed Céspedes to a four-year, $36 million deal during spring training.
He's the first player in Oakland history to hit two homers in his first three games.



The HBWHOF is headed to The Copa for the 2nd round of Red Sox vs Tigers.
It should be a beauty - Josh Beckett vs Doug Fister.

No comments:

Post a Comment