Wednesday, August 8, 2012

THE BIG POTATO...YANKEES' MEREDITH

Just a word about Tuesday night's Tigers-Yankees game...like I said last night on Twitter: "The Big Potato makes Todd Jones look like Sandy Koufax!"
With 2 outs in the 9th inning and a 6-3 Detroit lead, Jose Valverde walked Raul Ibañez...served-up an RBI single to Ichiro Suzuki...then an RBI double to Russell Martin...the score was 6-5.
With Martin on second and Suzuki on third. Curtis Granderson, mercifully, popped out.
It took Valverde 33 pitches.


Miggy cranked a homer, a double and 3 RBIs.


The HBWHOF has the MLB package, so I can watch all the games, but I get whatever feed they provide. It's great when I get FOX Sports Detroit with Mario & Rod - but tonight (Wednesday) I'm watching the Tigers on YES - the Yankees Network.
So, I'm suffering through Michael Kay & Al Leiter. The only good thing about this broadcast is Yankees clubhouse reporter Meredith Marakovits...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment