Sunday, April 14, 2013

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR - GO SEE 42

The HBWHOF has loved baseball since the day I took my first breath. If you love baseball, you love Jackie Robinson. I LOVE Jackie Robinson.
Over the years I have read countless books and articles about Jackie Robinson and, armed with all this biographical information, I was skeptical about the film '42.'
I was wondering if the filmmakers would do Robinson's story justice.
They did.
The movie is fantastic and should garner, at least, a couple Oscar nominations.
Chadwick Boseman is amazing as Jackie Robinson. Harrison Ford transforms into the perfect Branch Rickey. Nicole Beharie runs the gamut of emotions as Rachel Robinson. I enjoyed Christopher Meloni as Leo Durocher too.
Do yourself a favour - if you love baseball, if you love movies, if you love justice, if you admire bravery - go see this movie.


Monday, April 15th is Jackie Robinson Day. As you know, every MLB player will wear Robinson's #42 - the ONLY uniform number retired across baseball.
The Dodgers are celebrating Jackie with this sweet bobblehead giveaway - Jackie Robinson, Don Newcombe, & Roy Campanella...


I was also captivated by the beauty of Nicole Beharie as Rachel Robinson...








No comments:

Post a Comment